Texas Army Trail Disc Golf Course
A Brief History
The Texas Army Trail Disc Golf Course is located in Bud Hadfield Park at 11961 Telge Road, Houston, Texas 77429.
The area gained notoriety in 1836 when the interim government of the Republic of Texas and 1100 men under the command of Sam Houston stopped here at dusk on April 16, 1836. "The men consumed most of William Burnett's livestock and grains and burned fence rails for fuel. Four days later on April 21, 1836 they routed the Mexican Army at the Battle of San Jacinto winning Texas Independence from Mexico." Source: earlytexashistory.com
Many years ago, Bud Hadfield, the founder of Kwik Copy and Texas history enthusiast, transferred ownership of the property from ICED (International Center of Entrepreneurial Development) to Harris County to manage its ongoing development, maintenance and care.
Bud Hadfield passed away on April 11th, 2011, almost 175 years after Sam Houston's Army stopped near this property.
Park and Course Development
In 2009 a non-profit organization, Telge Park Disc Golf, Inc. was created by Charles Haney & Company to provide and donate the labor, expertise and materials needed to layout and develop the course, with special assistance from our friends Andi & Don Young of Disc Golf Consultants.
Steve Radack, Precinct Three Commissioner provided significant support throughout the developmental phase and has expressed a commitment to the park's ongoing development. Special thanks goes out to Division Manager, Walt Peckham and Area Manager, Stephen Dubois. They have both been strong supporters of the project.
"Texas Army Trail Disc Golf Course" has become one of the most scenic disc golf courses in Houston.